Sunday, April 27, 2008

These last couple of weeks have been eventful. I took the kids to the park last Tuesday and about 5 minutes of being there, Deacon fell off the slide and cut his fingers, as I looked closely at them I realized he needed stitches. If you know me I get freaked out about blood. I raced home to call Will and of course I'm in tears. We went down to Will's office and Will had to give Deacon three numbing shots and gave him 5 stitches. It was heartwrenching as I had to hold him down while his dad did this. Deacon was so brave. As Will stitched him up Deacon was crying and taking bites of Ritz crackers and then a otter pop. So we knew Will numbed him up pretty good. He got the stitches out one week later and still won't use that hand.
Deacon right before he got numbing shots and stitches. Our first child to experience this.
I have to report he still loves his dad.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

The Jones Seven said...

my poor baby Deacon! I will die if that ever happens to me. blood is always scary!

The Ashlocks said...

Poor Deacon. He is so funny how he holds his hand and won't use it still!

Stephanie said...

I can't believe you have four kids and this is the first time you've dealt with stitches. All I can say is LUCKY! I hate blood and gashes too, unfortunately we've been to urgent care/ER more times than I'd like. Parker and McKay have both had stitches twice and Parker broke his arm last year. He was in the Easter Pageant at the time and picked a flourescent green cast so they had to wrap it in a dark piece of fabric every night so it wouldn't show. The upside of the pain and blood are the great stories that we get to share as they grow up! The boys are in the running with their uncle Craig for most stitches!

Reynolds Family said...

He was so brave,and as sad as it was to watch him go through it, he still could make people around him giggle. I could not get over his breaks in crying to take a bite of something..hehehe