Tuesday, February 19, 2008

More about Sedona...and some fish

Just a couple more pictures as I am at home today helping with Kim. The first in the series is me after a long hard delivery. They did not offer me any form of pain control although I requested it a number of times. The second is our pride and joy.
Sedona does not really like to get bundled up so this was a good shot before she started to fuss and wiggle her arms out. Kim and Sedona came home Sunday night after being discharged at nearly 9PM. No one seemed to be in much of a hurry to get us out but we were not really in a hurry to go anywhere. I have missed having a baby to hold but I have not missed the night time awakenings. Deacon is still waking up early (4AM) for a bottle every morning so Dad has been assigned to Deacon duty and Kim gets Sedona duty (since I am not equipped to deliver the milk). She is such a beautiful little girl. Ashley and Nolan love (and will often fight for the right) to hold her. Deacon is still pretty intrepid but seems to understand she is here to stay. He stays right next to Kim whenever he can but has been happy with the extra attention he is getting from Dad.
As a gift to the other kids, to let them know that they are not forgotten, we (me) put together a fishtank with some goldfish. The clerk at petsMart tried to talk me out of getting goldfish because they are so dirty but they are just so cool. I have missed having a tank in the house. We used to have a saltwater tank that I loved but took to much effort to keep clean and it was while I was in school and did not have the time to commit to it. We love to just sit in the near dark with the tank lights on and just watch the fish. They like to stay in groups and love to look at the "other fish" in the mirror behind the tank. Ashley, Nolan and Deacon like to watch and the older two fight about who's turn it is to feed the fish.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Reynolds Family said...

Oh my gosh!! She is adorable, but I think she looks like Deacon! All wrapped up in that blanket!! I bet the kids are having so much fun! I love how Will managed a hospital bed.